May 31, 2016
By Phil Hoener and Rahim Ghassemi
The Safety Team’s mission is to provide Safety Awareness during the Annual Conference. We also support the Midyear, Wednesday Session, and Networking Teams in providing safe activities and events throughout the year.
Since the Midyear Meeting, the Safety Team has been busy preparing for the Annual Conference. We’re developing the content for Posters, Registration Bags, and the App.
We’re also working on new Safety Videos to view during the Conference Breaks. We need your help! Submit a video of yourself, talking about one of these topics:
- What is the best safety initiative that you’ve been involved in?
- How can you motivate people to be safe?
- How have you incorporated safety practices at home?
Or ask your children to get involved! Here are some questions they could answer:
- When you think of safety, what do you think of?
- What do you do if a stranger is knocking on your door?
- What do you do if a stranger asks you to come over?
- What do you always do before you get on a bike?
- Do you know the safest place to sit in a car?
- What do fireman say to do if your clothes catch on fire?
- What do you tell your friends that are doing something unsafe like riding a bike without a helmet?
- Have you ever played any of these games?
- Do you know what to do if there is a fire in the house?
- Who do you call if your mommy and daddy have an accident in the house?
- Do you know where the Band-Aid’s are?
- Are you allowed to swim in the pool if mommy and daddy are not looking?
For more information, see the “Request for Videos” email from Phil Hoener.