ECC Achievement Award
The ECC Achievement Award was originally introduced to the industry in 1988 as the ECC Division
- Bold risk-takers
- True visionaries
- Leaders with integrity
- Professionals who have had a lasting and positive impact on the competitive face of
- Candidates who possess stature among their industry peers.
Past recipients of this award vary from high-office executives to doctorate-level engineers. Dating all the way back to the ‘80s, these amazing examples of industry pioneers are:
2019 Recipient: Janice L. Tuchman
Janice L. Tuchman
Editor-in-Chief, Engineering News-Record
For the past 2 decades, Janice (Jan) Lyn Tuchman has served as Editor-in-Chief at Engineering News-Record (ENR), the magazine the industry depends on for weekly news, long-term trend analysis, and in-depth features on important events and accomplishments in construction. For most industry leaders, Jan is something of a fixture—
Jan received a BS in Journalism with a minor in Architecture as well as a master’s in Journalism at
To keep the industry informed, Jan keeps the magazine focused on current market challenges and
As part of her commitment to recruiting young people into construction, she led a federally funded project to custom-publish a series of magazines for high school students about high-growth industries such as construction. The program, called In Demand, published a million
2018 Recipient: Neil Duffin
- 2017 - Jacqueline Hinman, CH2M
- 2016 - James G. Slaughter, Jr. S&B Founder (retired)
- 2015 - John W. Dalton, Sr. - Wood Group Mustang (retired) — Watch the video
- 2014 - Richard Tucker, Founder, Construction Industry Institute, National Academy of Construction
- 2013 - Emmitt Nelson, Shell (retired), Co-Founder Zero Injury Institute
- 2012 - Alan Boeckmann, Chairman, Fluor
- 2011 - Khalid Farid, Sr. Vice President, Strategic Planning, AMEC
- 2010 -
Dr.Jorge Vanegas, Dean, College of Architecture, Texas A&M University
- 2009 - Don Vardeman, Vice President of Worldwide Projects, Anadarko
- 2008 - Louis J. Cabano, Chairman, Pathfinder LLC
- 2007 - Noel G. Watson, Executive Chairman, Jacobs Engineering Group
- 2006 - Bill Greehey, Chairman of the Board, Valero Energy Corporation
- 2005 - James B. Porter, Jr., Du Pont
- 2004 - Bill Higgs and Paul Redmon, Mustang Engineers
- 2003 - Larry Evans, AspenTech
- 2002 - Jeet Bindra, Chevron/Caltex
- 2001 - Ed Merrow, IPA
- 2000 - Hugh K. Coble, Fluor Corporation
- 1999 - John Mihm, Phillips Petroleum Company
- 1998 - William A. Brookshire, S&B Engineering & Constructors Ltd.
- 1997 - W. I. (Irv) Doty, Shell Oil
- 1996 - Ted C. Kennedy, BE&K Inc.
- 1995 - Shelby Pierce, Amoco Corp.
- 1994 - Stephen D. Bechtel, Jr., Bechtel Group, Inc.
- 1993 - Robert H. Miller, E.I.
duPontde Nemours & Company
- 1992 - Dr. Joseph J. Jacobs, Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc.
- 1991 - Wallace L. Tanner, Shell Oil
- 1990 - Dave Tappan, Fluor Daniel
- 1989 - Al Crosby, Exxon
- 1988 - Albert Dib,
Bubler, King & Bubler